Thursday, March 22, 2007

The first blog day

Well I did it. I've started a blog. Weird.....

This blog will follow my transition from a fat couch and computer potatoe to a svelt bike commuter that rides in almost any weather.

I currently have about 250 pounds hanging on a 68 inch male frame. Walking up more than two flights of stairs winds me. A few months ago I had to climb 5 flights of stairs. When I got to the top I had to sit and blow for 10 minutes before I could go into the room of the Temple where I was headed without causing the room to echo from my very labored breathing. This had to stop!!

So this year I bought this:

This is a Rans Rocket, a short wheel base recumbent bicycle. I have fully outfitted it for commuting. I have a high and low beam headlight, a bell, a horn, a tail light, a rear rack with luggage, and a hydration system for those long summer rides.

So far I have about 20 miles on the bike. I am amazed at how terribly out of shape I am. My goals are: 1) to ride 5 or more days a week, 2) to write about every ride, 3) to be commuting to work 3 days a week before 15 April 2007.

Thanks for reading. Please have a safe and happy day!

No comments: