Sunday, April 15, 2007

My steed!!

Tuesday evening I got my Rocket back! She sure is purdy... The crankset has been changed to a 52/42/30 which gives me lower gearing. A set of Crank Brothers Candy C pedals has been installed. Very nice!

Friday I got out for a short ride, about 1.3 miles is all. I rode on down the road towards the airport which is my usual haunt for a 4 - 5 mile training ride. When I got to 4400 south I sat at the stop sign for about 4 minutes. There wasn't a break in the traffic, not one. The cars beside me and across from me were sitting too. Seeing as I need a much bigger hole to get across the street I decided to give up and just rode home. It was my first time with clipless pedals. I'm still having some trouble getting clicked in, but I can see the light at the end of that tunnel. After getting into the pedals, what a difference. It is a GOOD thing to be attached to the bike.

Finally, it occurs to me that if I wait until I'm strong enough to ride to work I'll probably never, ever ride to work. With that thought in mind I'm going to set the alarm for early tomorrow and try to ride to work. I'll let you know how it works out.

Be safe and keep spinning!!

No comments: