Friday, April 20, 2007

The Fairness of Life, NOT

Nobody said that life was fair. This week certianly hasn't been.

Monday I rode to work for the first time. I knew that I couldn't ride again on Tuesday. I had to have a rest day. (Yes I am in that bad of shape...) Wednesday Old Man Winter came back for a reprise appearance. When I went to work Wednesday morning it was about 60 degrees. That was the high for the day. By 10 am it was snowing, hard. Luckily it didn't stick too much. I thought, Thursday I'll ride.

When I got up at 2:30 Thursday morning to answer the call of nature there was snow on the ground and the streets were wet. The weather report listed a low of about 30 degrees so I expected ice on the streets. So I canceled the ride. I was so sorry. When I went out with my boys to start the day it wasn't very cold and the roads were dry. But by then it was too late to ride. Boy was I disappointed!! I'll ride Friday!!

Thursday evening I was at a PTA meeting and singing program with my 8 year old son. Part was through the program he started to cry. After he was done, he came down and cried in my arms for a while. It quickly became apparent that he'd had a major bodily function accident. We went right home. Friday morning he wasn't feeling well enough to go to school. That blew that ride opportunity. Such is the pain of being a single parent with small children at home.

Unfortunately that wasn't the only problem this week. Monday, after I'd survived the ride to work, I walked around the corner of my cubical. I was greeted with the "blue screen of death." Seeing as it's a government computer, I called the LAN folks. They came and looked at the error and we rebooted my computer things appeared to be normal. Late in the afternoon Outlook notified me that it needed to restart, and restart again, and again, and again. And then the "blue screen of death" returned. When I attempted to reboot, Windows refused! Oh the pain of loosing data!!!

By the end of my very short work day on Friday I had my computer back, missing large amounts of data. So now I rebuild. In the mean time, twice to work next week, at least!!!

Keep those pedal turning!

No comments: